Thursday, April 1, 2010

when the wind at your back blows you over

and today i signed up for round two of  "mommies in the park". last time i was out with them i had fun (despite peeing my pants) so i figured i would giver a second go. what could go wrong on such a beautiful morning?

lately i have been regaining a lot of movement in my left leg...i have no clue why, but i can lift it with relative ease up to about a foot off the ground. this new found control has made getting up and down the stairs just a pain in my ass...as opposed to a royal pain in my ass. so i was happy to exploit my new found mobility in a real world scenario (because to this point i have been limited to the house) when jen asked if i would like to go. so i had breakfast...a banana(cut in to pieces so i can eat it with a fork(its easier, leave me alone)), 2 slices of rye toast with cheddar cheese and a coffee brewed by the best coffee maker in the world...can you SEE where this is headed? we went downstairs to get ready and i took this opportunity to go drain my bladder (hmmm) after which we departed for "mommies in the park".

we left some time after 9am which i thought peculiar but jen stated "well, it starts at 9:30" and what do i know, im just a tag-a-long right? we took rosland west to past thickson to a little park on the south side. as we drove along the little side street i noticed an empty parking lot ( this is a bad sign...being the first one means waiting for people you know to show up...i dont know anybody really). because i have my new mobility i decided to walk and forgo the chair...we have a video of me walking with my cane and even jumping. i was good for about 25 minutes then the sun started to get hotter...not even hotter but being in the direct sun and i started to lose my energy. when the first fall happened my ego was still in tact (not many people in the park yet) so i kept on going but decided to sit on a bench to recoup some energy...but i was in direct sun light so it really didnt help all that much. i did happen to notice however that i was starting to feel an urge to drain...

i sat for a while on the bench watching the mommies playing with the kids for 10 or so minutes, but i knew i needed to get out of the sun or i was doomed. i decided that sitting in the van which provides shade would be best in this situation so i stood up and started to drag myself to the van...thats when my left leg buckled and i dropped to the ground like a rock...flat on my back...this time however the park was quite full and there were spectators for my halftime wipe out...some mommies asked if i needed help...but you see i am a proud man and i DO NOT  like asking for help, so i struggled to get up myself but by this time i was sooo aggravated by my crashes it was way more difficult than i thought and i used my remaining energy to get up and to the van where i remained for 15 minutes with a now ripe bladder. so i texted jen that i needed to go pee and thats when i noticed there were no public washrooms and that we were going to have to take my ass home from whitby to oshawa. i was not impressed.

**this is a link to the video i made. i wasnt finished putting it together when i wrote the blog so i had no idea what to expect when i viewed the footage. it was very revealing to me about how much my attitude can change in the course of 40 minutes. it also shows how funny i make most circumstances seem in writing that when you see my face it says otherwise...im sorry i didnt hide my defeat very well but shit happens i guess...its a funny watch anyway so please enjoy. KING OF THE WORLD! even if its only for a second.


§TëVë™


No comments:

Post a Comment