Sunday, February 28, 2010

the cocky kripple

hello from over here! im thankful for all that i have...good and bad.....

the good:

i have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful wife...3 boys who are a joyful pain in my ass...mom and dad...craig and marc....the ZZ discography...good friends...KUSH (my taste in meds is a tad expensive but its my life and my only real indulgance)...a computer that kinda works...memories that i can still remember...heat in the winter...a clean garage...the blues and loud wide open tube amps...people who remember what i was like and are still willing to deal with me even though i have become public asshole #1...that i have a monthly cheque from cpp...that my rent is paid and i dont live in the street...i still have a lot of my hair...i can still have sex...i can still find someone willing to have sex (thanks SO MUCH jenna!!)...i had 18 years of life with out being afflicted....jen has a job...

the bad:

thankful for my MS because: <<< this is really the only bad thing in my life or maybe everything else just pales in comparison?

it has taught me that life isnt all about me (though that doesnt stop me from being in the centre of everything) and that its definitely NOT fair but its still the best fucking gift you're EVER going to get so run like hell with the ball and dont ever stop to look back...it has taught me compassion because i know what its like to suffer and have what feels like every ounce of shit in the world land on me all at once...it has taught me material possessions mean nothing in the long run or even in the short term...i have a greater sense of self worth but also self loathing....it has made me A FUCKING SUPER HERO!!! try my body on for 10 seconds and you will be screaming to get out, its my 24/7/365 job that i never get a break from... ever! you can call me SUPERMAN!!!!


§TëVë™

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I was just having the same train of thought and may steel your idea for my next post!

    ReplyDelete